Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Inclusions In Polymer Clay

When I chose this topic for the Polymer Clay Smooshers Guild's blog roll post, I didn't realize how difficult it was going to be.  Adding inclusions to polymer clay is something I do quite regularly but it's hard to tell from pictures or descriptions if others do it, as well.

I've added glitter, loose tea, coffee,  sand, and tiny pieces of grated baked polymer clay to some of my pieces.  You can get some really interesting looks by including other powders or dried organic material to your clay.

This necklace from Amazing Designs

is faux turquoise which is usually made by adding other colors of clay to give it a realistic look.

opal can be recreated in polymer clay, as evidenced by these Pinkish Purple Opal like Cabochons from Art Makers World


This Spring Leaf Window Pendant and Earring Set from TTE Designs



uses embossing powders in its design.


is fashioned from polymer clay that has a few glittery gold inclusions.


The use of inclusions in your polymer clay creations can enhance the look you're going for.  I urge that you give it a try and you'll be surprisingly pleased at the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment