Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Have a Smooshers Halloween!

Mummy Pin by Fantasy ClayNow that that summer is coming to a close, my thoughts turn to Autumn.  The changing color of the leaves, the crisp bite to the air and, of course Halloween!

Halloween is my favorite holiday,  In pagan religions, it is the time when the this world and the next is thinnest, allowing departed spirits to visit this world.  for those that fear those spirits, mankind has come up with all kinds of spooky, scary items to scare the visiting spirits away.

Here are some of my favorites from the Polymer Clay Smooshers Guild on Art Fire.  Some are scary, some are cute and others are just plain goofy and make you laugh.

Hope you enjoy my choices.

Here's a pair of Skull and Crossbones Earrings from Michelle of Creative Critters.


This frighteningly adorable  Mummy Pin by Fantasy Clay 
makes me want to grab some old bedsheets and makes myself a mummy costume!

This spooky, funky Halloween Octopus by Creations-In-Clay
is a real imagination in its subject.

I thought it would be easier to find Halloween items from the Smooshers but I think I've chosen some fun and funky ones to highlight.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including my earrings! I love all the other creations you've featured here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mummy pin. Would certainly get people talking!

    ReplyDelete