Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Under The Sea

With summer fast approaching, even though weather in a portion of the country may not seem like it, My thoughts have turned to the beach and the ocean.  I'm glad that I live within an hour of the Atlantic Ocean.  I don't think I could go very long without the sight of the pounding surf and the tang of ocean air. 

Every year, my husband and I walk the beaches in Maine.  I've found everything from starfish, shells and driftwood to a lobster pot that had pulled loose from its moorings during a storm and washed ashore.  So this week's Polymer Clay Smooshers Guilds blog roll post is apropos  of the coming season.

 As I've stated before, polymer clay lends itself brilliantly to creating all sorts of art.  The following pieces show its versatility and the talent of the people working with it.

Marina The Mermaid by Creative Critters  is a whimsical piece of marine art.  I love the fish that is sticking its tongue out!
While a piranha isn't technically from the sea, I just love this one' toothy grin.
SteamPunk Piranha by Desert Rubble

This Sand Dollar Pendant by Bead Comber  reminds me of the sand dollars I've found walking the ocean's edge.  Except this one's whole.  I usually find them after they've been battered against the beach.
I don't know if Koi are fresh or salt water fish but this Orange Koi Cane by Art Maker's Worlds  is amazing.

I love the expressions on the fish faces on this Whimsical Tropical Fish Candle Holder by KKS Polymer Cly Art
Now, after seeing all these wonderful ocean related items, I really need to get myself to the beach!

3 comments:

  1. Great blog post full of great sea creatures Nancy! Thankyou so much for including my steampunk piranha =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!!! Makes me wish summer was closer. Great Job Nancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite theme! I love this post too!! and like Kris, wishing summer was closer, and am looking forward to it. I need to post some new things to my shop! thanks so much Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete